Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)
(4 Year Hons. Program)
Today, in almost all countries, completion of a degree program at an accredited law school/university is required for admission to practice as a lawyer. Legal education is the education of individuals who intend to become legal professionals or those who simply intend to use their law degree to some end, either related to law (such as politics or academic) or business. It includes: (i) First degrees in law, which may be studied at either undergraduate or graduate level depending on the country; (ii) Vocational courses which prospective lawyers are required to pass in some countries before they may enter practice; and (iii) Higher academic degrees.
The Department of Law at Feni University conducts the 4 years Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) program with Honors.
1. To provide necessary knowledge that is a pre-requisite to obtain any kind of certificate, including Bar Council registration that may require of undertaking any traditional law-related business, practice, and services at all entry levels of legal practitioners.
2. To familiarize intimately with the teaching methodologies and legal research of both national and international characters keeping in view the different types of legal systems, especially in Common Law traditions as well as Civil Law system as practiced in the Continental Europe.
3. To bolster the progressive changes in regard to rule of law, economic reforms, human rights, women’s rights, and the protection of the rights of children, elderly, sick and disadvantaged segments of the population both with the formal legal framework and beyond.
4. To arrange comparative lessons between the legal studies and other fields of study including sociology, political science, economics, psychology, philosophy and so forth.
5. To foster study and research into legal theory and values; to examine the relationship between theory and practice; and to enhance opportunities and provide support for scholarly research, writing, and publication by faculty members and students.
6. To encourage students to contribute to the society, nation and to all human kind at large.
7. To impart knowledge to the hearts and minds of the students making them capable of analyzing and examining the economic, cultural and political impact of enacted laws.
Duration of the Program:
1. The duration of the LL.B. (Hons.) Program is four 4 (four) years, which is divided into twelve 12 (twelve) semesters. Each Semester will be of sixteen 16 (sixteen) weeks of which fifteen 15 (fifteen) are for class room teaching, class test, presentation and mid-term examination etc. and 1 (one) week for conducting final Semester examination. However, students shall have to complete the degree of Bachelor of Law with Honors in not more than 6 (six) academic years.
2. Each course is of 3 (three) credits and for each course there will be three 3 (three) lectures per week of 1 (one) hour.